Call For Participation
The recent wave of using machine learning to analyze and manipulate real-world systems has inspired many research topics in the joint interface of machine learning and dynamical systems. However, the real world applications are diverse and complex with vulnerabilities such as simulation divergence or violation of certain prior knowledge. As ML-based dynamical models are implemented in real world systems, it generates a series of challenges including scalability, stability and trustworthiness. Through this workshop, we aim to provide an informal and cutting-edge platform for research and discussion on the co-development between machine models and dynamical systems. We welcome all the contributions related to ML based application/theory on dynamical systems and solution to ML problem from dynamical system perspective. We are opening this workshop to call for papers from research relevant to dynamical system and machine learning, which include (but are not limited to):
- ML-based modeling of Dynamical Systems.
- Practical Applications of Data-driven Modeling.
- Special ML structures for Learning Dynamical Systems.
- Trustworthiness of ML-based Dynamical Systems.
- Temporal Feature Analysis for Time Series Data.
- Dynamical Systems in Model-based Reinforcement Learning.
- Dynamical System Perspectives for ML Problems.
- Optimization Algorithms for Learning Dynamical Systems.
The workshop will last one day. It will consist of three invited talks with discussion, and authors of the best papers will give oral presentations. We conclude with a poster session.
We welcome papers in AAAI style (from 3 to 6 pages), excluding references or supplementary materials. Submissions will be peer reviewed, double-blinded with OpenReview. Submission site: 2023 MLmDS (OpenReview) https://openreview.net/group?id=AAAI.org/2023/Workshop/MLmDS. We will open the submission site in October. Authors might use as many pages of appendices as they wish but the reviewers are not required to read these. Note that the lists of authors at the submission time are final. No author addition or deletion are allowed after this time. However, the authors can change the order of their author list before finalizing the camera ready version. Also, authors have the right to withdraw papers from consideration at any time. Note that accepted papers are considered workshop papers and can be submitted to other conferences and journals. Published papers in this workshop are non-archival but will be stored permanently on the workshop website. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to participate in the Workshop day.
AAAI two-column format is often preferred, but not required, for workshop submissions. The AAAI 2023 Press author kit with style files, macros, and guidelines for this format can be found in the Workshop AAAI page (Note that the 2023 author kit includes a AAAI copyright slug, which should be removed for workshop publications.)
- Submission Deadline: November 1, 2022 (11:59 PM GMT)
- Author Notification: November 22, 2022 (6:00 PM ET)
- Early Registration Deadline: December 19, 2022
- Camera Ready Paper Due: December 15, 2022 (23:59 PM ET)
- Workshop Date: February 13, 2023